To, The Makeup Lovers


I've got palettes and lipsticks a plenty
I've got eyeliners and highlighters galore...

A few weeks ago I wrote a post called "Things You'll Understand If You Look Younger Than You Are" and you all seemed to really enjoy reading it, so I couldn't wait to do another. This time I'm dedicating it to all my fellow beauty lovers out there, I hope you like it!


You've started to unintentionally compare brands 
Walking into Boots, searching through the makeup counters for a new lipstick. Only you find that when you look at the shades, you start to compare them with other lipsticks "ooh this is lovely, it looks just like Taupe by MAC". On more than one occasion I have found myself labelling products as dupes for higher brands, before I've even decided if I want to buy it!

If someone suggests that you do their makeup for them, you don't hesitate to say yes
I love doing makeup for other people, I find it relaxing discovering which techniques work best for them or simply choosing the perfect eyeshadow shade for their eye colour and skin tone. I always want to offer to do someone's makeup for them, so when I'm asked to help them I'll be straight at their dressing table with my makeup and brushes before they can even finish their sentence!

You have that many makeup brushes, some would mistake you for a painter
Well you have many different brushes for applying your foundation, then you have a blusher brush and a bronzer brush, blending brush, eyeshadow brush and on and on... (the list is endless). To someone that isn't interested in makeup, they would wonder why you would possibly need all of those brushes for one day of makeup - but believe me, we need them all.

Knowing all of the techniques to enhance your makeup that little bit more
You know what I mean. Little tricks such as, soaking a beauty blender before using it; inner and outer corner eyeshadow; different styles of eyeliner; using a buffing brush vs a stippling brush and more. You know all the tips and tricks!

The perfect palette for a specific look
I know most of my eyeshadow palettes like the back of my hand. You want the perfect night out look? Use the Naked 2 palette. Something with warmer shades? The Two Faced "Sweet Peach" eyeshadow palette could be exactly what you're looking for. You know the styles that can be created with each palette, making you the perfect person to go to for advice.

Beauty Bloggers and Vloggers
Some of you may follow any beauty bloggers/vloggers that you come across. Others, (like me) usually follow people with a similar makeup style to you. However, we all have one thing in common: we like to watch the beauty vloggers to discover new makeup looks for us to re-create! When I have all the time in the world to have fun with my makeup and try a new look, part of my routine will always include watching a Youtube video of a makeup tutorial, in order to see if it will work for me, too.

Two words. Makeup. Storage.
Owning so many makeup products that it's come to the point of owning storage, as there's too much to keep in a makeup bag. Most of us probably own the trusty acrylic drawers and lipstick holders. Plus, it looks pretty as well as organised on our dressing table!

Not being able to walk past a makeup counter without "having a look"
By "having a look" I really mean buying something new because, to be honest, we are definitely coming out of that shop with something new.

Applying your makeup as though you're giving a tutorial 
"So I really like this highlighter because...". It may not be every time, but at least once I bet we have all been guilty of this! Pretending somebody is watching you do your makeup and is asking you questions, when really you're just getting ready to go to the supermarket.

Can you relate to these points? At least I'm not the only makeup lover!


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top