Capturing Memories


I have always been interested in taking photographs, since I was young. I've always felt it was important to capture memories and take photographs with my family members, in order to look back on someday and remember that time.

Photography has developed to more than just taking pictures of family and has become a profession, photographers are now taking photos of all different things and are making a living out of it. It has become so popular that if anyone wants to become a professional photographer they are often met with the words "it's an extremely hard field of work to get in to". However, in some ways I do love this, creativity in different forms is being accepted as a career rather than just a hobby. Look at blogs for example, each post involves photography relevant to the post, whether that be fashion photography or a flat lay. Hey, there are even social media websites that have been created just for the purpose of sharing photographs! 

I also like to remember the history of photography, and my history with photos, so I make sure to still use my camera to capture memories. One item I love that has made a re-appearance is Polaroid cameras. When I was young my Mam owned a Polaroid camera, and I can recall thinking that it was amazing how the photo is printed instantly, it was mesmerising. Out of all cameras I have seen in my life, this camera is the only one that has embedded into my mind. Thanks to it's re-appearance I am now the proud owner of my own Polaroid camera, and every time I use it I remember the camera from when I was younger which makes me enjoy using it even more. Polaroids are now one of my favourite ways of capturing memories (or simply taking photos) and I know it'll be a camera that will remain in my life for as long as possible.

Two of my most recent polaroids

I'm always saving normal photos too, I'd like to build a collection that my future children (and even grandchildren) can look through and ask me about. Slowly but surely, my collection is building! Photos are one of my favourite ways to document my memories and I know they will always be a big part of my life. Whether that be for my future blog posts, of my wedding day, or of my family and friends, I know I will cherish my photos and the memories that come with them.

Photo from The 1975 in Manchester, 13/03/2016


                                                   
                                                          Thanks for reading,
                                                                   Nicole x

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top