Dear, My Future Dog


I'm always seeing posts and videos about people who want to leave a message for their future children. Something for their children to look back on and watch/read to see what their parents wanted to say to them at the time. This is my letter to you, my future dog. (Is that weird? Probably. But let's be different).

If I haven't changed my mind then you are most likely going to be a Blenheim King Charles Cavalier Spaniel, because I've had two in my life and it's important to me that I have one of  my own - although your male owner is asking me to consider a Ruby rather than Blenheim, so we'll let your fur colour be a surprise for now.

I am going to spoil you like you are my own child, which will probably include talking to you in a high-pitched, silly baby voice. I will always try to hold you or cuddle you like people normally do with babies...human babies... but I love you and I can promise you that this will happen even though you're a dog. You are my cuddle buddy.

I want to take you on trips, you can be an explorer with us. In front of Trafalgar Square fountains, outside a café in Paris? I don't know yet, but you will be our little explorer and maybe even travel blogger! Although I will have to do all the work while you just pose for the photos we take of you.

I have a best friend for you to play with and her name is Molly, she is already part of our family (though not our dog) but I know you and her will be the best of friends when you are with each other, because she's extremely playful and kind to others so please don't feel shy when you first meet her.

You are most likely going to join our family before any children will, but I am sure that when the time does come you will be very protective of your growing family - and you have more people to be a cuddle buddy to, think of all the attention you're going to get!

Like a dog that I grew up with, I am going to try and teach you that you will not kiss me*, instead you will understand that the word "kiss" means that I am going to kiss you on the cheek, and do not require any kiss back. Unfortunately I really don't remember how I taught my dog this, so I am expecting this to be completely ignored by you.

*to us humans this is simply licking our face with your wet tongue and dog breath

Every now and again I will be an embarrassing owner and I will buy you christmas jumpers, or in actual fact any jumper that I know you will look ridiculously cute in (many would stop at just ridiculous). They will keep you warm, or just look amazing in the endless amount of photographs that I will take of you.

Now, I know you're only a dog and you could never figure out how to access this post never mind read it, but the thought is there isn't it. I'm just so excited to meet you and bring you into our current family of only two. It won't be all cuteness and cuddles, as you will be a puppy when we meet, but that's okay. Eventually we won't think about that time you chewed our clothes, or forgot that your toilet is outside (not on our bed) or when you were meant to sleep in your probably too expensive dog bed but you just had to sleep tucked up with us. You're still our dog and you will be part of a loving and caring home.

Until the day we meet, my future dog.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top