Autumn Thoughts During Winter

Splashes of orange, pops of red and hints of yellow huddled together in the trees, trying to keep warm. The people below wrapped in scarves and thick, knitted jumpers. My favourite time of year, Autumn. Autumn is when you can experiment with clothes; you can wear any colours, patterns and styles. In Summer it's hot and you prefer to wear one staple piece, in Winter you're so cold that you don't mind if the top under your jumper doesn't match because you're distracted by the frosty breeze, or your desire to build a snowman *insert catchy song here that will now be playing over and over in your head all day*. In Spring you can be experimental with clothes, but there's something cosy thinking about wearing a chunky scarf while walking through the fallen leaves. 

I've found a love for picking staple pieces and layering with items that portray my personal style. I like to carry a handbag with me as often as I can, because in reality even though I most likely won't need to carry anything, I always like to keep a book wrapped up inside for those long journeys, whether it be by train, car or bus.

I love that moment when you step outside, feeling that cold tingle on your cheeks, with the promise that Winter is soon to come. This time of year brings joy and that festive feeling. It makes people like me, try to make their writing sound like a rhyme or a bed time story. Not as effective in other months but perfect for right now, when we can appreciate the cosy feeling that the last few months of the year brings. 

Leaving you now with thoughts of twinkling Christmas decorations in our shops, towns or cities. Enjoy the season!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top